Praxair Distribution, Inc.
With ongoing innovation and growth within the industrial gases industry, we have a permanent full-time position available for an experienced Service Technician to join our Customer Engineering Services (VIC/TAS) team, based in Preston, Victoria .
The purpose of this role is to provide maintenance services for all BOC installations at our client’s sites across Victoria and Tasmania. Further to this, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring BOC equipment reliability and integrity on client sites.
Other Responsibilities Will Include
- Mechanical maintenance of equipment on customer and BOC sites with a focus on medical, industrial, food, scientific and hospitality industries.
- Installation and removal of equipment.
- Calibration and testing of gas analysers at customer and BOC sites.
- Technical support and troubleshooting of equipment.
- Refurbishment of Cryogenic and Gas vessels.
- Conduct audits and inspection of equipment in line with codes and standards.
- Completing planned maintenance and breakdown tasks as required.
- Communicating with customers face to face and over the phone.
- Work closely with local project management and sales team. To be successful you will have:
- A white card or equivalent general construction induction
- Trade qualifications within Mechanical or Instrumentation (with demonstrated Mechanical experience) trades
- Restricted Electrical Work License (REWL) Class 1 or 2 (highly regarded but not essential)
- Gas-fitting (Natural gas / LPG) license (highly regarded but not essential)
- An unrestricted driver licence
- Forklift license (highly regarded but not essential)
- Experience with industrial gas system maintenance and an ability to run medical and industrial gas pipelines – highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills as you will be required to maintain customer relationships
- Maintenance or project installation experience
- Refrigeration experience – highly regarded but not essential
- Instrumentation experience – highly regarded but not essential
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: