Workshop Technician - Fifo Or Residential Newman
Komatsu is a world leader in the technology behind state of the art earthmoving, mining, construction and utility equipment. Komatsu’s vision is to be indispensable to our customers by having the most professional, skilled and engaged people who drive innovation.
A new opportunity is available for a Workshop Technician (Diesel Fitter) to join the Service Department at our Newman branch. Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, you will be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repairs on mining equipment and to ensure excellent customer service.
The role plays an integral part in ensuring high levels of safety, quality and efficiency are given to the Newman Service Department.
- Diagnostics and repairs on Komatsu mining and civil/construction equipment
- Conduct testing and adjustments of machine operation and systems
- Carry out machine reports, produce technical reports and provide quotes on repairs
- Manage incoming and outgoing rental machines in accordance with the Rental service level agreement
- Assist with coordination of major equipment maintenance projects as required
The knowledge, skills and abilities we're looking for:
- Trade qualification in heavy diesel or light vehicle required
- Current Driver's Licence (minimum requirements)
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the design & function of Komatsu mining & civil equipment
- Auto Electrical experience, qualifications and diagnostic skills will be highly regarded
- A proven high level of customer service
- A demonstrated commitment to safety with the ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and good understanding of computer systems
- Original Equipment Manufacturer experience, particularly with Komatsu equipment will be highly regarded
Komatsu can provide you with:
- Excellent earning potential
- Training - Technical and Non-Technical
- Access to state of the art technology
- Financial bonus for each completed year of service
- Income Protection Insurance
- Suitable housing and utilities assistance
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Employee Referral Program, earn $$ by referring a mate
- Employee benefits including discounted health insurance with BUPA, Toyota, Microsoft, Apple, Lenovo and Dell
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Program
Komatsu offers a zero-harm culture in the work place, competitive remuneration package, and to drive success we employ people with different skills, abilities, cultural backgrounds, experiences, preferences, ethnicities and from different generations. Join the Komatsu family and you’ll become a part of a dynamic, supportive and inclusive work environment, with opportunities for career progression on a global scale, training and personal growth.
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: