Oceaneering is a leading provider of essential services and technologies to the international Oil and Gas industry. We have a worldwide reputation for innovative, safe and environmentally-friendly solutions to key exploration and production challenges.
Oceaneering is a global provider of Inspection, engineered services and products to various industries and both on and offshore. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering serves industries such as oil & gas, mining, infrastructure, defence, entertainment and aerospace. Oceaneering's business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing, inspection, integrity services, engineering and project management.
Due to an increase in workload, we are looking to hire an experienced Service Technician to complement our highly skilled team in Jandakot, Western Australia
Duties & Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment
- Promote a strong HSE culture at all times
- Ensure that personnel identify with and achieve, the necessary Health and Safety performance standards associated with the relative risks to personnel and plant in their environment and daily work
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems;
- Assembly and Testing of Mechanical/Hydraulic/Electronic tooling
- Servicing of subsea tooling and subsea assets
- Assembly and testing of Engineered tooling
- Reading and comprehending basic hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Reading and comprehending basic engineering drawings, specifications and procedures
- Operation of general hand, hydraulic and air tools
- Fault finding work in Mechanical/Hydraulic/Electronic tooling
- Completion of testing and servicing paperwork to a high standard
- Data entry into Project management and Asset management software
- Completing quality checks on tools to ensure proper assembly, design and functionality are being maintained
- Occasionally travelling off site for tool testing as requested by customers
- Occasionally travelling to offshore locations to perform work
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Qualifications And Training
- Relevant Trade Qualification (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic) or
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Subsea Tooling in the Oil and Gas industry
- Certificate IV in Fluid Power
- Offshore experience in Oil and Gas
- BOSIET or FOET
- Forklift Licence
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognising responsibilities and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Knowledge of safety standards (e.g. Step Back 5x5, JSEA, HSEQ systems etc.)
We reserve the right to close this advertisement earlier than stated. Unsolicited submission of candidates from agencies will not be accepted.
Oceaneering Australia Pty Ltd is proudly an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
¿ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
To view and apply for this job on the web visit: